Picture and Facts Credits: NASA App
1. ISS is the Second moon to our earth
2. an international crew of six people live and work while traveling at a speed of five miles per second,
3. orbiting Earth every 90 minutes.
4. The space station has been continuously occupied since November 2000. In that time, more than 200 people from 15 countries have visited.
5. More than an acre of solar arrays provide power to the station, and also make it the next brightest object in the night sky
6. after the moon. You don’t even need a telescope to see it zoom over your house. spot the station, will help you to see the second moon without a telescope
7. ISS is larger than a six-bedroom house. (Without the solar arrays)
8. Fifty-two computers control the systems on the ISS.
9. The ISS is almost four times as large as the Russian space station Mir and about five times as large as the U.S. Skylab.
10. The ISS weighs almost one million pounds (approximately 925,000 pounds). That’s the equivalent of more than 320 automobiles.
11). 3.3 million lines of software code on the ground support 1.8 million lines of flight software code.
12. Eight miles of wire connects the electrical power system.
Follow our blog for more info like this